Cheltenham Gold Cup 2023: In Friday’s festival highlight race, Galopin Des Champs (3.30), the favorite for the Boodles Cheltenham Gold Cup, will go up against 12 challengers. When Galopin Des Champs fell at the last fence while in the lead during the Turners Novices’ Chase at the festival last year, it was his only defeat over fences.
Cheltenham Gold Cup 2023 Brief Introduction
Before to winning the Paddy Power Irish Gold Cup at Leopardstown in February, he triumphed in the John Durkan Memorial Chase at Punchestown upon his reappearance in December. One of two horses for Willie Mullins is Paul Townend’s mount; the other is National Hunt Chase champion Stattler.
As we gear up for one of the biggest races of the year, the Cheltenham Gold Cup, fans and punters alike are eagerly anticipating the highly anticipated event. With a long history dating back to 1924, this race is one of the most prestigious in the world of horse racing.
This year’s race will take place on Friday, March 17th at 3:05 pm. In this comprehensive guide, we will take a closer look at the confirmed runners and riders for the Cheltenham Gold Cup 2023, along with their chances of winning and previous performances.
Cheltenham Gold Cup 2023 Live Video
Mullins masterclass! 🔥
Willie Mullins with the first FOUR home in the @JCBmachines Triumph Hurdle 👏
LOSSIEMOUTH a superb winner 💯#CheltenhamFestival pic.twitter.com/TQ7g9hRols
— CheltenhamRacecourse (@CheltenhamRaces) March 17, 2023
Win tickets to next year’s Cheltenham Festival!
Vote for your favourite renewal of the @Boodles Cheltenham Gold Cup from the six selected races on the link below to be in with a chance of winning 👇#CheltenhamFestival | @CheltenhamRaces
— Racing TV (@RacingTV) March 17, 2023
Cheltenham Gold Cup 2023: Confirmed Runners and Riders
- Al Boum Photo – Trained by Willie Mullins and ridden by Paul Townend, Al Boum Photo is a two-time winner of the Cheltenham Gold Cup, having won in 2019 and 2020. With impressive performances in recent years, he is a strong contender for this year’s race.
2. A Plus Tard – Trained by Henry de Bromhead and ridden by Rachael Blackmore, A Plus Tard is a rising star in the world of horse racing. Having won the Savills Chase at Leopardstown in December 2022, he is expected to give tough competition to the other runners.
3. Minella Indo – Trained by Henry de Bromhead and ridden by Jack Kennedy, Minella Indo is the winner of the 2021 Cheltenham Gold Cup. With a strong track record and a winning streak, he is definitely one to watch in this year’s race.
4. Native River – Trained by Colin Tizzard and ridden by Richard Johnson, Native River is a veteran of the Cheltenham Gold Cup, having won the race in 2018. Although he hasn’t been in top form recently, his experience and skill cannot be underestimated.
5. Kemboy – Trained by Willie Mullins and ridden by Patrick Mullins, Kemboy is a consistent performer who has finished in the top 3 in his last four races. With an impressive win at the Irish Gold Cup, he is a strong contender for the Cheltenham Gold Cup.
Cheltenham Gold Cup 2023: Chances of Winning
As with any horse race, predicting the winner of the #CheltenhamGoldCup2023 is no easy task. However, based on the past performances and current form of the runners, here are our predictions for the top three finishers:
Al Boum Photo
> A Plus Tard
> Minella Indo
> Although these predictions are not set in stone, they can give punters a good idea of which horses to keep an eye on during the race.
To get such Special Cheltenham Gold Cup 2023 Stories and the Latest USA Updates from the Sports news, please like the Facebook page of our website Freaky Funtoosh and follow us on social media. You will keep getting Notifications of articles published from time to time on your mobile.
Read More Interesting Stories…